I am starting this blog to share my thoughts, lessons and inspirations as I continuously challenge myself towards total self mastery.
The name of the blog is influenced by the simple message captured in the image below. Something about its simplicity and gutsy directedness struck a chord in me. It seemed to summarise my favourite scripture from the Bible found in 1 Corinthians 13.
- If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
- If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
- If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
- It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
- Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
- It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
- For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
- but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
- When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
- For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 NIV
This blog has a song too ❤
“Love can” by Shaun Jacobs
Love can cross borders and love can break walls
Love can unbind us, love can define us
Love can see through what our eyes can’t undo
Love got me thinking love can do anything
Take my hand
It’s not that we’re lost
We’re just plotting a different course than we initially thought
We are free
When we’re on our knees
Put your hand in mine
We’ll make it in time you’ll see
Come with me
We’ll find what’s in store
For the heart that is bursting, the soul that is thirsting for more
We are free
Come and see
We’ll make it in time, we’ll find everything we need